Pages - Menu

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Birchbox January and February 2014

So I decided to break down and give Birch Box a try mainly because I liked the idea of collecting points to buy more expensive products that I can't afford to just shell out at once. I have only had it for two months and I must say that after reading the many complaints about people always getting tea I was disappointed that I haven't received any yet. I know it sounds crazy but I like tea and I like trying a wide range of tea. But anyways on to my BB's.

 This is what I received in my January box. I wasn't all too thrilled with it, I felt like it was poorly put together and I highly dislike getting shampoo and conditioner as two separate products rather them being combined to equal one product.



 Here's what I received:

  • Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Shampoo and Conditioner. These two have no scent to it and honestly I wasn't impressed with them.
  • Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for lips. As I put this on my lips it instantly reminded me of the days I nursed my children and had to use nipple cream to keep them for drying out. I honestly thought it was a strange experience using this product but it did help my lips stay moist. 
  • Reviver Dry Deodorant swipes for clothes. Ok I don't know why I even got this, I do find the concept kind of neat but it's not something that I need. I threw it in my car just in case some strange event arises and I may need to use it but I have a feeling it is going to sit there for a long time. 
  • Coastal Scents Revealed Palette. I have been dying to buy this palette for myself and I was happy to get this little sample set in my box. This was pretty much the only thing that I received that I liked. 


As disappointing as last months box was I was looking forward to trying this US weekly magazine inspired box so I stay subscribed just for this box.

 Here's what I received:

  • AYERS bar soap
  • Miracle Skin Transformer Face spotlight SPF20. 
  • Juicy Courture LaLa Malibu 
  • OPI sheer tints color- Tinted Top coat
  • Agave Healing Oil Treatment

Sadly this box didn't wow me either so I think I may just cancel this subscription box =/

No comments:

Post a Comment