Pages - Menu

Monday, January 20, 2014

Ipsy January 2014 glam bag + bonus item

About Ipsy: Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using.All for only $10 a month. 

So this month was a little different from other months. This month was more focused on pampering rather than just makeup. I didn't mind too much and I had hoped to receive some items that I didn't so I was a little disappointed but my bag wasn't too bad.

 This months theme is 19 Reasons. Honestly I am still unsure on what that even means.



This is the glam bag. It smelled terrible when I first got it, it had a plastic smell much like a pool liner but I bet it's waterproof! Ha

After letting it sit and "air out" it doesn't smell that bad unless you stick your nose in the bag and sniff so I don't recommend doing that because you will look silly.

There is a contest going on so we all had to write down our reason as too way 2014 will be amazing then upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #Ipsy. I was honestly clueless on how to do a hashtag because I think they are silly but I attempted it and you can see my photo on Intagram as well. There wasn't enough space to write down why 2014 will be amazing so I just jotted down one of my top goals in life that I will finally accomplish in July. YAY!!!!
 This is the MICA lip balm in natural. It has sort of a rosy tint but when I put it on my lips it looks really pink and it's just not for me so I don't think I will be using this at all. I wish I didn't sample it because I would have liked to trade it. Oh well.....
 Ah the proactive wipes. I am not sure why I was selected to receive these as I don't have acne problems. I actually have really clear skin so these are pointless to me but I did try one and it burned my face. It also suggests that you use other proactive products to get the full results and seeing as I only got 4 wipes this item in our bags was a joke. Very disappointed Ipsy!
 This is the epice exfoliant. Um, I have not had a chance to try this out yet so I hope it's a great product.

This is the Elizabeth Mott smooth shadow stick in pearl. I find this to be too light, I prefer darker shades on my eyes so I don't think this will get much use.
 Now this I was very excited to try. I received the sexy hair beach spray back in July and I loved it. I think it smells great and adds a nice texture to my hair but only a little bit of spritzes on my long long hair is necessary as I put too much on the first time I tried it.
 This is my bonus item I received for earning enough Ipsy points. Every month there are 3 products you can pick from to redeem points. Each product is worth 1000 Ipsy points which seems like a lot but if you refer enough people and review your products you should have no problem eventually getting enough to redeem a product. I choose the Kiss salon secretes nail art starter kit. The kit also includes a little guide on how to achieve certain looks with the tools in the kit.
 Here are the tools that come in the kit to receive certain looks. 
 These are little sequins/gems.
 This is a pink sparkly tape roll for small strips of design.
 Nail stickers 
 Top coat. A very important essential.
 Oh and glitter! Oh what fun.
Some more are the nail stickers.

If you are thinking about joining Ipsy please use my referral link. http://www.ipsy.com/r/28og


No comments:

Post a Comment