Pages - Menu

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Organizing and DIY project

So I recently got myself an actual desk, I got a really good deal on it too and I have been trying to organize my things using the cabinets and shelves but not having much luck findings things I want. I did buy a cute photo box at Michaels for $2 to store some of my paper in but it's just not enough. In the mean time though I did work on a couple projects that really helped to de-clutter some of my stuff.

First project I tackled was creating a receipt organizer so it wasn't all just sitting in a box. I went to Office Depot and found myself a small plain, clear expandable file which also included monthly tabs to put in there. It is a 12 pocket file so it was perfect! I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a cute little file folder so I just dressed up the clear one.


So here it is and you can see the monthly tabs.



I found this craft paper at Michaels for .80!!! Great deal I'd say. I just cut the paper down to fit in the front and back of the file then I added a cute label that I got from iHeart Organizing .


So here is the final project. 





The second project I created for my desk was a DIY dry erase board.

First I found a picture frame I was no longer using and I added some of that craft paper that I used on the previous project and I inserted that behind the glass.


See how cute is this? It has really come in handy lately too. I like having something visible to help me remember what I need to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment